Monday, October 26, 2015

Love Never Fails



I've done another page in my journaling bible.  For the heart I used a Wendy Vecchi stencil and pan pastels, sprayed it with workable fixative, let it dry and went around the outside with a grey Faber-Castell Pitt Big Brush Pen.  I wrote the word love.  I first used a pencil in just a single line for the whole word and thought I would build it up with the pencil before bringing in something more permanent but then decided to just take the plunge (I was VERY nervous) and use a Pitt pen and thicken things as I went.  I was quite happy!! (And surprised I didn't totally mess it up!)  Dots were added with markers.  I then used a Copic multi liner to write in the margin and also to write never fails but the black didn't show up too well so went over never fails with a white marker.  

God's love for us never fails!!!!  It's easy, at times, to think it does, but we can only see a little glimpse of the big picture.  God knows so much more and loves us more then we can fathom.  We can trust that His love truly Never Fails!!!


2 comments:

Holly said...

Wanda, I am so intrigued by this. I'm going 'thrifting' tomorrow so will try to pick up a bible for journaling.
Love your design- the simplicity of the heart, the beauty of the lettering 'love' and your heartfelt words in the blog post.
Your work really speaks to me.
Thank you for sharing your heART.

wannabcre8tive said...

Wow, this is awesome.