Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A Way With Words - Thinking of You



 So according to the weather man we are supposed to get about 5 days full of sunshine and no rain.  I sure hope he is right!!!!

I have another card to share with you using one of the new A Way With Word dies - Thinking of You.  I'm also using another Elizabeth Craft Designs die, the Hydrangea.  It's my first time using a flower die with so many pieces.  It was really quite fun!!!  I dug a scrap from "the box", cut my flower pieces from that scrap and inked over the stem/leaves with Distress Ink mowed lawn and peeled paint.  I found another scrap that would match close enough and cut the words.  I am trying (and did not succeed here) to remember to put some of the Elizabeth Craft Designs double sided adhesive on the backs of paper before I cut these intricate words.  It would make life so much easier if I would just remember!!  Since I didn't for these words I flipped them over and used a piece of blending foam and gel medium to put adhesive on them.  For the panel I glued everything to, I just sponged the edges with Distress Ink faded jeans and then flicked water on it.  After everything was glued down I also splattered some drops of faded jeans with a waterbrush.  To finish I added some rhinestones.

Be sure and pop on over to the Quietfire Creations blog all this week and next to see all the fabulous projects using these new A Way With Words dies.




1 comment:

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

😀 Love those little flower cuts Wanda. So pretty.