Friday, July 31, 2015

You Would Live Next Door


Happy Friday!!!  The weather this weekend is looking to be pretty good with rain just overnight Saturday to Sunday.  Hopefully we won't get too much as things are still quite wet with the 2 downpours we've already had in the past week.

Here's a fun card using another of the newest stamps from Quietfire Design, In a perfect world.... this is part of a 4 stamp set!!

I started with Dylusions paints - fresh lime, vibrant turquoise, and London blue - starting at the bottom and just blending as I went from color to color.  I stenciled over this - at the bottom I used Dylusions number jumble... I used the lime sponge but it had a little of the turquoise on one edge of it from blending which gave me the darker green spots.  Over the top of the card, I used the Dylusions stencil flower medley with white paint and then also added in a little of the turnquoise in spots.  The quote is stamped with Archival Ink jet black.  For the "horizon" I used a Stabilo pencil and then blended it with a water brush.  I dabbed gold paint around the edge and somehow managed to to get a spot on the card so in an effort to hide it, I laid a paper towel over the bottom area of the card and sprayed the top part with Perfect Pearls Mist sunflower sparkle.  I love how it sparkles as the card is moved and it makes me think of sunshine.   The houses are from the Quietfire Design set, Flourished Flight.  I stamped them with Archival Ink, magenta hue and tiger lily, onto white card and cut them out.  The hearts are punched from white scraps, glued on, and just a hint of shading added.  


3 comments:

I'm a Little Teapot said...

This is so happy...it makes my heart smile.
I need to look for those Dylusions paints!

Quietfire said...

Oh, isn't this the sweetest thing! Love it!

D.Ann C said...

Love this! Can't wait to get my hands on that sentiment!