Thursday, March 19, 2015

Sprout Grow Bloom!


I love how this tag came out... the pink and yellowy orange just looks so good!!  It was just play and wanting to get my fingers painty.  I started with a #8 manila tag and used my fingers to paint on Fresco Finish paint bougainvillea and tangerine twist, 2 of the colors in the newest Lin Brown Limited Edition paint set.  I stamped the large flowers and grasses with Archival Ink jet black.  They are both from the PaperArtsy Darcy stamp set EDY09.  I painted in the flowers with snowflake paint and on the larger petals added a sceond heavy layer of snowflake in the center area.  I added some stamping in the background (I know I should have done this first, oh well) with bougainvillea and snowflake using a couple of PaperArtsy Sara Naumann stamps from set ESN11.  I stamped the small flower from the same set as the others with Archival Ink saffron.  The words are from the Darcy set EDY05 and are stamped with jet black.  I used my finger to rub the snowflake paint around the edges.  I've used crinkle ribbon at the top colored with watered down tangerine twist.  A couple of sticky back gems for the center of the flowers.  


3 comments:

Darcy Marshall said...

Oh I like this a lot, the white flowers really pop against that fabulous background.

Unknown said...

Great color combination for the background. I would never have thought of using pink and orange.

Zoe said...

Wow! I'm loving this, the colours are superb and the White in the flower petals just make them pop xx Zoe xx