Friday, March 27, 2015

Cougar Birthday


I do like how this card came out!!!  I've used Fresco Finish paint for the background.  I took an acrylic block and put small drops of honey dew, haystack, and yellow submarine all over it, sprayed it with water, used my palette knife to help the colors blend by pressing it up and down across the block, pressed it onto a piece of cardstock and lifted it off.  That part is a little tricky as it doesn't want to let go easily.  There was still quite a bit of paint left on the block so I sprayed on a bit more water and stamped it again on another piece of cardstock.  The second printing is what I used for this card and I'll use the first on another day.  The cougar is an old Embossing Arts stamp.  I stamped it with Archival Ink jet black, trimmed the top and sides of the panel and tore the bottom.  I stamped happy birthday (PaperArtsy Jofy image from the JOFY14 set) with jet black also.  I distressed the straight edges of the panel and attached it to a brown panel, tore the bottom and added some black soot Distress ink to the other 3 edges.  Used an embossing folder on a piece of white cardstock, and attached everything together as shown.


2 comments:

Nan G said...

He turned out paw-some, Wanda! Love that smooshed, splotched background.

barbara macaskill said...

Amazing! Definitely going to try this technique! Thanks for the inspiration!