Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Bloom


Hello There!!!  I hope you are doing well today!!!!  I'm back with another of the new release PaperArtsy Sara Naumann samples.  

The background piece is corrugated, specifically the inside of an old light bulb box/sleeve whatever you would call those things that you could buy 4 lightbulbs inside of.  I painted it with guacamole first, then caught the high spots and edges with vanilla, stamped the lines (ESN14) with Lake Wanaka paint, stamped the flower (ESN14) with Spanish mulberry paint, and flicked watered down snowflake paint over the piece.  

For the layered flower I painted smoothy card with Spanish mulberry and sherbet, dried it, stamped the flower with Archival Ink jet black, dried it, cut off 2 petals along the outside of the center circle line, and attached those 2 petals onto the flower so they were positioned between the 3 remaining petals.  Cool, huh!!!!  Along the bottom of the card I have washi tape and I've also made the flower stem from the same tape.  The washi tape along the bottom is wrapped to the back and the whole background is attached to heavy smoothy card. 

For the bird (ESN15) I painted smoothy card with beach hut and lake wanaka, stamped the bird with jet black, cut it out and attached it as shown.  I added a drop of Glossy Accents to the eye.

"bloom" (ESN14) is stamped onto a scrap with beach hut paint, trimmed and the edges of the piece have beach hut on them. 




3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are the Queen of recycling !!! I would never have thought of using that light bulb box. The card is awesome with some of my favorite colors. I love the background.

Krista Hentges said...

Very creative mom. Love the color usage. You always did have a knack for turning anything into art.

Felicia said...

Wanda this card is just stinkin fabulous! You did a wonderful job on this card and I love the cleverness of using the light bulb packaging to do this card....how cute!! The colors are so yummy and I love Sara's stamps! Just so pretty! Blessings to you! :)