Sunday, November 9, 2014

Christmas is coming


Quietfire Design just released 3 new sets of Christmas/Winter stamps.  You can find them in the new stamps category on their website.  

For this card I used stamps from the It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas set.



I cut a white panel to size for the quote, stenciled the flowers (Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi 2 fancy flowers) with Distress Ink festive berries, splattered on Distress spray ink evergreen bough (I held the spray bottle high and sprayed slowly), dried the inks, lightly brushed over the top with the Distress Paint picket fence first horizontally and then vertically.  Yes, it made the inks smear some giving them a softer look that looks better in person than in the photo.  I went over the panel well with an anti-static bag, stamped the quote with Archival Ink jet black, and embossed with black powder.  When I was going to add the evergreen bough, I first sprayed on a scrap of paper to see if I'd get the results I wanted.  I used this scrap and stamped the tree with Archival Ink library green, circle punched it and was going to add gold gel pen just to the open areas of the "ribbon" but the ink came out too fast and, instead of starting over, I decided to just go over the whole ribbon.  It was looking pretty good until later when I noticed I had a couple of small smears.  I went with anyway edging the circle with festive berry.  I added some of the gold gel pen around the quote panel.  I took the rest of the scrap that I had sprayed with evergreen bough and stapled (Idea-ology tiny attacher) on some ribbon.  I layered everything as shown and at the end decided to stencil on the holly (Tim Holtz Hollybough) with Archival Ink emerald green and then added red stickles over the berries.


4 comments:

Vic said...

Very pretty! My plan is to make my Christmas cards next week.

Holly said...

Pretty card Wanda. Don't you just love the colours of Christmas?

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Lovely card! Great colors and I love the layering!

Anonymous said...

Lovely & Christmassy Wanda! xx