Tuesday, September 30, 2014

How beautifully leaves grow old...


Quietfire Design has more new stamps that are fabulous!!!!  (And they are currently 20% off)  I have used 2 stamps from the set How Beautifully Leaves Grow Old - the solid leaves and the quote.  

The page had some spots of color that had bled through from the other side but I knew they should blend in just fine.  However, since I was going to be spraying, I didn't want the color to bleed through and mess up the finished page, so I first brush some Golden fluid matte medium over the page and while that was still wet I sprayed on Dylusions colors - lemon zest, bubblegum pink, and I think some pure sunshine - and let this all dry.  I placed TCW 12x12 stencil maple leaves over the page and sponged on some rusty hinge Distress Ink.  I stamped the leaves down the right side with Archival Ink jet black.  I stenciled the leaves hanging from the top (Dylusions 5x8 Leaf Flourish) with white embossing paste mixed with some sprays and some paint (I added a color and it wasn't quite right so added another, etc. until I had something I thought would work).  After those leaves were dry I stamped the large leaves at the bottom.  I got that stamp a long time ago and it's marked Fabricated Art Ellen Hammond.  I inked the stamp with Archival Ink magenta hue and monarch orange, and a little potting soil on the edges.  After each stamping, I wiped off the stamp and then re-inked.  The quote it stamped with jet black.  Since there's a little bit of texture on the back of the page I had pressed too hard on some of my other stamping and smeared it so when I stamped the quote I was trying to stamp well but not press too hard.  There were a couple spots that didn't come out... I'm sure because of the texture on the back... so I used and XS Pitt Pen to touch up some of the words.  Back to the stenciled leaves hanging from the top.  I still wasn't completely happy with the color and decided to add Silks acrylic glaze in Jasmine over them.  I just used my finger to add the color.  After that was dry I used a white Sharpie paint marker and a Pitt pen to help those leaves pop.  





I'm linking this to the new Sunday Sentiment link party.

10 comments:

Vic said...

So pretty!

Holly said...

Gorgeous Wanda! Fall colours are just the best you've used them beautifully.

C. M. Taylor said...

I don't know why I am surprised? Everytime I look at your art I find myself saying things like."I'd never put those colors together" or "how did she get that effect" or "zoom in closer so I can see the details". You are such a fabulous artist and I have learned so much from you, your art and your explanations. Thank you for sharing. You make me want to really stretch outside the limits. Thanks so much.

SCarol said...

So beautiful. Just shouts out autumn in the sun!

Lori said...

What a gorgeous page, Wanda!!

barbara macaskill said...

This is stunning! LOVE the colors! TFS!

Crafty Aunt Dee said...

Gorgeous! So colorful and such a fabulous quote. Beautiful work.

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Thank you for linking up to Sunday Sentiments, Wanda! It is true: when the autumn leaves turn colour, they're actually dying. I never thought of it that way! A stunning page full of colour and light, just like your sentiment says!

buterfliecrafter said...

such warmth comes from this page, lovely colors.

dottielottie said...

Fantastic page Wanda, love those gorgeous colours and the stenciled and stamped leaves. Perfect for the lovely John Burrows quote. Lottie