Saturday, September 6, 2014

Always Thankful!!


A journal page measuring about 7 1/2 x 10".  The page began some time ago with left over media from other projects.  There was some grunge paste scraped around the edges, probably already colored with paint, various colors of paint in mostly greens and pinks, some white stenciling, and some leaves stenciled with colored embossing paste.  To finish it I stamped the large calligraphy image (Quietfire Design, Give Thanks set) with Archival Ink jet black, stenciled some smaller leaves with Archival Ink leaf green, added paint (Fresco Finish) circles with lids, a finger dauber and a stencil, stamped smaller calligraphy images (Quietfire Design, Being Thankful set) among the leaves with Archival Ink leaf green and then decided to add tape and stamp them again in black.  I was going to use masking tape but I couldn't find my narrow stuff so I used artists tape.  I smeared family a little but it'll just have to stay.  Every day there is so much to be thankful for, many things that we don't even take time to think about!!!



4 comments:

Quietfire said...

I think maybe I should have done "for everything"! But then you wouldn't have as much fun stamping all the other stamps. Awesome page!

Unknown said...

Wanda I love all the layers, and those circles are beautiful!

SCarol said...

Gorgeous. Love the colours and the layers.

Bibi Lindahl said...

Hi! I saw a photo of your page in the Quietfire newsletter and jumped right here to see more - it's absolutely stunning!! I love the bright colors and it's great to see Quietfire's calligraphy stamps being used on a journal page. I agree with you, there is much to be grateful - every day and always :))) Thanks for sharing your beautiful art journal page. I love it!!
xox