Friday, August 29, 2014

When in doubt Twirl


I'm using another new stamp from Quietfire Design from the set Twirl & Enjoy.  This stamp  makes me smile.  To think about twirling is just such a happy thought!!

As I thought about the stamp my old spiral punch (marvy Uchida) came to mind and I knew I wanted to combine them.  I punched 7 spirals from a scrap of heavy textured cardstock and glued them to another piece of smooth cardstock using gel medium.  I gessoed over the whole piece and then began painting with Fresco Finish paints.  My first layer was dolly mix.  I then added some orchid in spots and finally a mix of mostly vanilla with a little zesty zing to make a brighter yellow.  I somewhat blended between colors but not too much, just making sure hard lines were gone.  I used a black All Stabilo pencil  and water brush along the inside of the swirls and decided I needed something more.  I grabbed the bora bora paint and using my finger lightly went over the swirls.  I did get some around the swirls but that even looked good and I also rubbed my finger around the edges.  Now it looked good!!  I painted a scrap of cardstock with yellow mix of paint, dried it, stamped the quote with Archival Ink jet black and tore it out.  I first layered it onto another painted piece but then changed my mind and in the process got a couple little spots of paint on this piece but went ahead and left it.  I glued it to the background and added a couple of clippiolas (I haven't used these in a long time and noticed them just a couple days before I was working on this card).  The finished size of this card is 4 1/2" x 4 3/4".  


3 comments:

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Love it! It is so much fun- the colors and swirls and the torn stamped text. I can tell you really enjoyed making the card!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

Very pretty Wanda. love the swirls and colors.
hugs
susan s

Unknown said...

Amazing card, loved everything, the texture, the colors, it's a great design!