Monday, August 25, 2014

Butterfly Earrings


I love Vintaj products and don't play with them nearly enough.  For these earrings I started with brass blank circles and embossed them with the wildflower vines folder and sanded both sides.  Added amethyst patina and removed it from the high spots.  After it was dry I again sanded the high spots and then glazed the pieces (both sides allowing the first side to dry and then doing the other side).  Next I used the dapping block to cup the circles a little.  The butterflies have a little opalite patina on them and they are also glazed.  Jump rings, wire, ear wires and some beads from my stash and their done!!  These were for a gift and one of these days I need to make myself a pair!!!


7 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

These are amazing! I love the purple, and adding the beads just elevates them! Fabulous crafting!

Vic said...

Oh, my, they are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful earrings !!!

SusanK said...

Oh my gosh, I'd love to make a pair like these! Love purple, butterflies and Vintaj. But I don't think I have amethyst and I know I don't have the d. block. Guess I have to go shopping. Again.

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

You rocked it.

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Oh my. They're gorgeous. Swoon...

Krista Hentges said...

Amazing work mom!! If Jacquie weren't allergic to the metal used to make them I would order a set lol. Absolutely gorgeous!!