Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Happy Birthday


The background is Idea-ology composer tissue wrap glued to white cardstock, painted, and stenciled (Crafter's Workshop).  I painted a scrap of white cardstock, stamped Happy Birthday (Quietfire Design Happy Birthday plain & simple set) with Archival Ink, tore the paper and layered it to a strip of black cardstock.  Attached the panel to a folded black card.  Punched 6 butterflies from black cardstock (Martha Stewart punch), glued 3 of them flat ont he card, colored the other 3 with Treasure Gold renaissance and glued them over the other 3 leaving the wings up.






6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card !!!! Love how you did the butterflies. Keep reminding me to use my tissue paper glued to a background. I just never remember. I need to put it out on my desk.

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Two words: Beau- tiful! :)

Loll said...

Another beauty. LOVE the bright green background - awesome! Lots of dimension with your gorgeous butterfly die-cuts. Thanks for playing along with us again at Mixed Media Card Challenge.

shirley-bee said...

You're so brave, using Idea-ology tissue wrap! I have some but I just stroke it, can't bring myself to use it ;) Love the stencilling over it too. Thanks for playing along at The Mixed Media Card Challenge.

Julia Aston said...

How stunning in the green! love the layered butterflies - and the white stenciling - a beautiful Mixed Media card - thanks for playing along!

sannalippert said...

another great card! glad you joined in with this one too :). thanks for playing along with us at MMCC :)