I am again working in that journal that was started at a workshop (we just tried out lots of techniques wherever in the book, no finished pages) and I've decided to call it my Play Journal as that's pretty much what I've been doing in it... just trying things either from challenges, online workshops, or just on my own. On many of the pages I mop up left over inks and paints while I'm working on other projects. This page has some gesso brushed on it (probably done at that workshop) and there was also a little bit of green mop-up quite possible Dylusions spray but I can't be sure of that. While I was working on the last card I shared, at one point I was going to use some Fresco Finish south pacific and had already put some on my craft sheet but then changed my mind so I grabbed this book, flipped to a page, grabbed a stencil (not marked and an unusual size so I have no idea who made it) and added the paint through the stencil starting at the right edge and working until I'd used up that blob of paint. Later I had some left over yellow and did the same thing beginning at the left. Other times I had just a bit of paint left and rubbed it around with my finger. After I was done with the card I continued to work on this page. I added some strips of Tissue Tape (Tim Holtz), rubbed on some tango paint with my finger, thought pink would be a nice mix on here and sprayed some Dylusions which also turned my yellow stenciling to orange but that was fine. Stamped a Wendy Vecchi background (Fancy Flourishes) randomly with her Archival orange blossom. The flowers, butterfly and quote are all from a PaperArtsy stamp set (Hot Picks #1204). I stamped the flowers with Archival Ink jet black, decided I wanted the actual flowers to pop more so stamped some on a scrap of white paper, stamped over them with a Wendy Vecchi background image from the set Lower Case Art using her Archival Ink potting soil, painted the flowers with yellow submarine and then decided to go over that with Dylusions bubblegum pink... cut them out, curled them a bit with my fingers and attached them over the stamped flowers with a little piece of foam tape. Added white highlights on the leaves with a Sharpie paint marker. Thought some white spatter might be nice so I got the tip of the Sharpie very wet with paint and then shook it over the page. Stamped the quote with jet black. I thought I had it well inked but I must not have. Wendy Vecchi has been doing a lot of pages where she adds shape frames and I thought I'd do that. Years ago I got several different sets of Evo Templates (clear shapes in sets of various sizes) and pulled out the circles. I chose a larger one so that it would overlap the flowers a bit and then decided to go ahead and use the next 2 smaller sizes offsetting them so the circles weren't perfectly lined up. Added dots with either a regular black Sharpie or the white Sharpie paint pen. Stamped the butterfly and decided to add some white to some of the spots. I also put the stencil back on and added some white in 2 corners. It's possible I did a couple of other things not mentioned here but I've covered the gist of it.
It was a lot of fun!!!!!
I've included some close-up pics.